|Published:||Apr 02, 2013 7:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2013 7:20 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- It's your money and Cape Coral city leaders are debating how to charge people to hook their homes up to city water, sewer and irrigation.
Construction on the utilities expansion project could start in the southwest area by the end of this year.
At this time, its still too early to tell how much this project is going to cost people, but the city can decide what method is the best to pay for it.
The southwest 6 and 7 section of the city is where this project is heading. The city will dig up roads and install pipes.
One option to pay for this is to charge people based on the lenghth of property. Or as was done in the past, the city could charge you based on the square footage of your property.
City council will officially vote on this as a resolution at a later date.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve