|Published:||Apr 02, 2013 10:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2013 10:54 AM EDT|
PALM COAST, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies say an 11-year-old girl faces arson charges after her father told them she may have set fire to a wooded lot in north Florida.
Flagler County Sheriff's spokeswoman Debra Johnson told the Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/10udRwU ) that the father called deputies on Saturday to report that his child and some other children set the vacant lot on fire.
Deputies and Palm Coast firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. The State Fire Marshal's Office was notified.
The father said the girl took a lighter from their garage.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti