|Published:||Apr 02, 2013 2:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2013 2:57 PM EDT|
PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 4-year-old boy is in an Orlando hospital after nearly drowning on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship while it was docked at Port Canaveral before embarking on a Caribbean cruise.
Disney Cruise Line spokeswoman Rena Langley said the child was unresponsive when he was pulled from the pool on Saturday afternoon. He was taken first to a hospital near Port Canaveral and then to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital in Orlando. There was no update on his condition on Tuesday.
Langley says the cruise line's focus is on assisting the boy's family.
The incident happened around 3:30 p.m. as the ship was preparing to leave for the western Caribbean. Port Canaveral police investigated and the ship left port about 45 minutes late.
The child's name was not released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys