|Published:||Apr 02, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - Two men died and another was injured when a sports utility vehicle hit them while they were fishing off the Eau Gallie Causeway in Melbourne.
Police say the crash happened late Monday.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/16tvzVe ) reports one of the men was thrown over the bridge wall and into the Indian River. A Brevard County Fire Rescue crew pulled his body from the water about 15 minutes later.
Melbourne police Sgt. Sheridan Shelley told the newspaper one man was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition. He says the SUV driver is cooperating with police.
Shelley says it appears the driver was heading west when he struck the three men, who were on the north shoulder of the road.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape