|Published:||Apr 02, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - Two men died and another was injured when a sports utility vehicle hit them while they were fishing off the Eau Gallie Causeway in Melbourne.
Police say the crash happened late Monday.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/16tvzVe ) reports one of the men was thrown over the bridge wall and into the Indian River. A Brevard County Fire Rescue crew pulled his body from the water about 15 minutes later.
Melbourne police Sgt. Sheridan Shelley told the newspaper one man was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition. He says the SUV driver is cooperating with police.
Shelley says it appears the driver was heading west when he struck the three men, who were on the north shoulder of the road.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend