|Published:||Apr 01, 2013 11:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2013 11:51 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a Tampa woman was ejected from an overturning car and died, but her 6-month-old daughter was strapped into a car seat and received only minor injuries.
The crash happened early Monday in Tampa.
In a press release, Sgt. Steve Gaskins says the child was properly positioned in the car seat. She was taken to Tampa General Hospital for evaluation.
Gaskins says the woman apparently lost control of the car and it overturned several times.
The names of the woman and child have not been released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776