|Published:||Apr 01, 2013 11:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2013 11:20 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Firefighters rushed to put out a house fire Monday night. The flames sparked in an apartment, attached to a home on Congress street; near Lee Memorial Hospital.
Firefighters say the apartment is destroyed and the home has heavy smoke damage, but they did save two cats. At one point, the smoke was so intense, crews had to close U.S. 41 for a short time. The road is back open.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash