|Published:||Mar 31, 2013 7:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 7:45 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The whirlwind is over for the FGCU Men's Basketball team. But what a ride it was.
The team returned from Arlington, TX on Saturday afternoon.
It seems like an eternity ago when FGCU first found the national spotlight, though only briefly. CBS Sports showed students celebrating when the school received the invitation to the NCAA Tournament.
Next came the upset to the legendary Georgetown Hoyas. Then the upset to San Diego State University. Suddenly FGCU was a household name. Or rather, Dunk City was a household name.
So what's next for the Eagles?
First, the university needs to sign its coach to a new contract. Though Andy Enfield will certainly receive offers from suitors with bigger paychecks.
Two of the team leaders are also graduating. Sherwood Brown and Hometown Hero Eddie Murray. Luckily, the team returns four starters.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause