|Published:||Mar 31, 2013 7:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 7:45 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The whirlwind is over for the FGCU Men's Basketball team. But what a ride it was.
The team returned from Arlington, TX on Saturday afternoon.
It seems like an eternity ago when FGCU first found the national spotlight, though only briefly. CBS Sports showed students celebrating when the school received the invitation to the NCAA Tournament.
Next came the upset to the legendary Georgetown Hoyas. Then the upset to San Diego State University. Suddenly FGCU was a household name. Or rather, Dunk City was a household name.
So what's next for the Eagles?
First, the university needs to sign its coach to a new contract. Though Andy Enfield will certainly receive offers from suitors with bigger paychecks.
Two of the team leaders are also graduating. Sherwood Brown and Hometown Hero Eddie Murray. Luckily, the team returns four starters.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore