|Published:||Mar 31, 2013 4:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 4:34 PM EDT|
FGCU-Fla.-Charter buses filled with 100 FGCU students pulled into Alico Arena Sunday morning. One by one, the students filed off the buses-exhausted, but energized. The students watched the Eagles take on the University of Florida at Cowboys stadium Friday night. Even though the Eagles lost, the students said it was all about the journey. For them-literally. They spent 40 hours travelling on these buses.
Brice Pellicionni said, "The bus ride was a lot of fun and we had a lot of school spirit. We watched a lot of movies and slept a lot, but very enjoyable."
Perry Chencin said, "The best part about the trip was entering Cowboys stadium-what an amazing stadium and seeing our boys get out on the floor and the student section was amazing everyone had such enthusiasm and we never stopped cheering."
Some of those cheers were made up during the trip.
Nicki Mcternan said, "We always have FGCU, FGCU, Go Eagles! and all that kind of stuff."
Chencin said, "We have more chants now than we did at the beginning of the season. Someone said the Gators made points, but FGCU made history. So I like that one a lot."
For many of these students, it was their first time visiting Texas.
Benjamin Jaap said, "It was a fun experience and the trip of a lifetime. I hope we get to do it again next year."
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating