|Published:||Mar 31, 2013 10:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 10:02 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Port Charlotte man died after he was hit by a motorcycle on Saturday afternoon.
Florida Highway Patrol says Ronald Sechel was crossing SR45 southbound from east to west when 69-year-old Bruce Schimdt hit him on his motorcycle.
Troopers say Sechel failed to yield and crossed in front of the bike's path.
Schimdt was thrown from his bike and is in serious condition. He was not wearing a helmet.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care