|Published:||Mar 31, 2013 7:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 7:50 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A four-year-old girl is dead after being shot while sitting in a car in Miami.
Miami-Dade Police reports Rahquel Carr was shot in the upper body Saturday at about 6:10 p.m. She was taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital where she died.
Detectives say Carr was seated in a parked white Mercedes-Benz with several other small children when she was shot.
Investigators say it is unclear if one of the other children in the vehicle is responsible for the shooting.
The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner Department will conduct an autopsy while the state attorney determines if charges will be filed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand