|Published:||Mar 31, 2013 7:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 7:50 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A four-year-old girl is dead after being shot while sitting in a car in Miami.
Miami-Dade Police reports Rahquel Carr was shot in the upper body Saturday at about 6:10 p.m. She was taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital where she died.
Detectives say Carr was seated in a parked white Mercedes-Benz with several other small children when she was shot.
Investigators say it is unclear if one of the other children in the vehicle is responsible for the shooting.
The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner Department will conduct an autopsy while the state attorney determines if charges will be filed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.