|Published:||Mar 30, 2013 2:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 30, 2013 2:06 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Edison Restaurant hosted both Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles fans and University of Florida Gators fans Friday night as the teams played in the Sweet Sixteen game. Ultimately, the Gators won, moving on to the Elite Eight.
It was a sea of blue, green and orange. The ratio was about 50/50 between fans of both teams. But, the trash talking was all in good fun between to the two Florida teams.
The Edison is actually the Southwest Florida Gators Club headquarters. Still, Eagles fans piled in, claiming their tables in Dunk City and trying to cheer louder than their rivals. The staff was also divided with some wearing Gators gear and other proudly donning their "Dunk City' shirts.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound