|Published:||Mar 30, 2013 8:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 9:32 AM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla. - Three brush fires burned in the Golden Gate Estates area. One of them, burning near Alligator Alley, is caused Florida Highway Patrol to close part of the interstate.
FHP said it closed eastbound Interstate 75 at State Route 29/Milemarker 80 for a portion of the day Saturday. Drivers heading east were rerouted to southbound SR 29 to US 41.
The road is back open, but drivers should still use caution. The 15,000 acre fire is the largest in the state.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes