|Published:||Mar 30, 2013 8:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2013 9:32 AM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla. - Three brush fires burned in the Golden Gate Estates area. One of them, burning near Alligator Alley, is caused Florida Highway Patrol to close part of the interstate.
FHP said it closed eastbound Interstate 75 at State Route 29/Milemarker 80 for a portion of the day Saturday. Drivers heading east were rerouted to southbound SR 29 to US 41.
The road is back open, but drivers should still use caution. The 15,000 acre fire is the largest in the state.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers