|Published:||Mar 29, 2013 9:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 29, 2013 9:10 AM EDT|
MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 31-year-old man was injured when he fell from the roof of a parking garage in Madeira Beach.
Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies say Nicholas Voutsinas and a friend wanted to get a better view of the city early Friday morning. So they climbed to a restricted area on the roof of the garage.
The friend told deputies he decided to go downstairs, but Voutsinas decided to stay behind.
Deputies say that by the time the friend reached the ground floor, Voutsinas was unconscious in the road. He was taken to Bayfront Medical Center. Deputies say he had fractures to the face, leg and pelvis and was in serious condition.
Authorities don't know whether the man fell or jumped from the garage. An investigation continues.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash