|Published:||Mar 28, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 28, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a homeowner in northwest Miami-Dade County fatally shot a suspected burglar.
The shooting happened around 5 a.m. Thursday.
Miami's WFOR (http://cbsloc.al/YG6kN1 ) reports several neighbors heard a car alarm going off, but didn't think much about it since there had recently been some thefts in the neighborhood. Then they heard three gunshots.
Miami-Dade police are investigating. They say it appears that the homeowner shot the suspected burglar. He died at the scene.
The names of the suspect and the homeowner have not been released.
Further details are not immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- History textbook under fire in Marion County
- Council allows autistic boy to keep chickens
- Scammers posing as bill collectors in Tampa Bay