|Published:||Mar 28, 2013 11:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 28, 2013 11:21 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-While southwest Florida is focused on FGCU's run to the Sweet 16, there was another Florida team trying to advance to the Elite 8, the University of Miami. The Hurricanes lost to Marquette Thursday night.
The Southwest Florida Hurricanes Alumni Association held a watch party at Stevie Tomatoes in Fort Myers. Some fans are enjoying all of the attention the entire state of Florida has been getting in this year's tournament.
"The attention on Florida is pretty amazing, I'm impressed that there are three teams, three major universities from Florida in the Sweet 16, I mean it shows that Florida has what it takes," said Travis Caldaro, University of Miami Alumni.
Eagles fans may remember watching the blue and gold beat the Miami Hurricanes earlier in the season. The Canes went on to be ranked second in their region.
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope