|Published:||Mar 28, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 28, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The FGCU Eagles and the Florida Gators will go head-to-head Friday night on the basketball court.
But we wanted to know who would win the battle in the wild. We visited the eagles and the alligators at the Calusa Nature Center. The head animal caretaker says while they both can be aggressive, one has a better chance than the other.
Steve Masek says, "I would say a gator would win that. Gators are just tougher overall, they're stronger, they have more body mass, more weight, when it comes down to teeth, they've got over 80 teeth in their mouth and they are very powerful. Now depending on the size of the gator, an eagle could take a small gator right off the ground before it had a chance to do anything."
Masket says eagles do have the advantage of swooping in from above. So, as long as the eagles stay in the air - and keep making dunks - they'll be fine.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo