|Published:||Mar 27, 2013 12:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 27, 2013 12:27 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fl. - Human pyramids, jumps, flips. That's tough enough on land. But one group in Southwest Florida is making all of that look east on water.
The Souther Extreme Water Ski Team is a unique show ski team that's based right in our area. They started back in 2001 and the members range from 10 to 65 years old.
They barefoot ski, swivel ski and even form three tier human pyramids.
"To see them practice and fall and they might fall a hundred, or even a thousand times and so when they get it! One of the kids today did his first flip on a wake board and it's like WOW, it's so great to see them and that builds their confidence and it's just a really neat thing," says Diane Ponton.
The team performs at the Lazy Springs ATV Park in Lehigh Acres.
Find out more about the team by visiting: http://southernextreme.com
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating