|Published:||Mar 27, 2013 12:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 27, 2013 12:26 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Investigators say a man was fatally shot after getting out of his truck to open the front gate to his home in northwest Miami-Dade County.
The shooting happened just before 2 a.m. Wednesday.
Miami-Dade police say the man was returning home from work when someone approached him and shot him multiple times.
Detective Roy Rutland told Miami's NBC6 (http://bit.ly/14nVkHP ) there was some kind of confrontation and the man was shot "out here in the street right in front of his home."
Police say family members heard the gunfire and saw a dark colored car drive away. Officers found at least seven bullet casings at the scene.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity hasn't been released. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: WTVJ-TV, http://www.nbc6.net/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges