|Published:||Mar 27, 2013 3:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 27, 2013 3:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The 69th Annual Dunbar Easter Parade will take place on Sunday, March 31. The following roads will be closed from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for the Dunbar Easter Parade:
-S.R. 82 from Ford Street west to Palm Avenue
-Palm Avenue south to Edison Avenue
The parade starts at 3:00 p.m. and will being at Blount and Ford Streets. The parade will travel south on Ford Street, turning right onto Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Using the northern-most lanes of MLK it will travel to Palm Avenue and turn left and travel south to Edison Avenue. The parade ends at Edison and Pauldo Street.
This year, to avoid complaints in reference to illegally parked vehicles on the roadway and on private property during the event, organizers have planned for designated parking areas. Parade goers can park at the STARS Complex and in a vacant field that is located behind the STARS Complex on Prince Street.
(Image MGN Online)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students