|Published:||Mar 27, 2013 11:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 28, 2013 1:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- In just a week, FGCU has become a hot topic online.
According to Google, searches for "Florida Gulf Coast University" is up 1,100 percent. "FGCU" is up 1,300 percent. Searches for "Dunk City" are up more than 1,000 percent.
On Twitter, people have hash-tagged "Dunk City" 42,000 times. They've tweeted "FGCU" 375,000 times and hash-tagged "FGCU" 170,000 times.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students