|Published:||Mar 25, 2013 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 25, 2013 11:26 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla.- Officials are investigating a fatal crash that happened on US 41 near Shadow Wood Preserve this afternoon, just before 2:00 p.m.
Authorities say 70-year-old James Bridenbaugh died on the scene of the crash, after he failed to account for southbound traffic on US 41, as he was pulling out of Shadow Wood Preserve.
A Volkswagon, driven by 24-year-old Chelse Willard, t-boned the Corvette Bridenbaugh was driving. The Willard was sent to Gulf Coast Hospital in serious condition.
Southbound lanes of US 41 were shut down for hours, but have since re-opened.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean