|Published:||Mar 25, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 25, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 33-year-old Georgia man has died after apparently suffering a medical emergency while kayaking in Daytona Beach.
Ponce Inlet police say an autopsy will be performed Monday to determine how Antonio M. Williams of Pooler, Ga., died. He was kayaking Saturday afternoon in Ponce de Leon Inlet.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/16csFUJ ) reports that Sea Tow Daytona owner Nik Foster told police one of his captains was putting a boat away when he heard screams for help. The captain found five kayakers near the marina and one of them needed emergency medical attention.
Foster says the captain and a person from the marina pulled the man onto the Sea Tow boat and took him to the Coast Guard station in New Smyrna Beach.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach