|Published:||Mar 25, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 25, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 33-year-old Georgia man has died after apparently suffering a medical emergency while kayaking in Daytona Beach.
Ponce Inlet police say an autopsy will be performed Monday to determine how Antonio M. Williams of Pooler, Ga., died. He was kayaking Saturday afternoon in Ponce de Leon Inlet.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/16csFUJ ) reports that Sea Tow Daytona owner Nik Foster told police one of his captains was putting a boat away when he heard screams for help. The captain found five kayakers near the marina and one of them needed emergency medical attention.
Foster says the captain and a person from the marina pulled the man onto the Sea Tow boat and took him to the Coast Guard station in New Smyrna Beach.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend