|Published:||Mar 25, 2013 10:52 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 25, 2013 10:52 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities are searching for a Miami driver they say struck and killed a bicyclist before fleeing the scene.
Miami-Dade Police said 50-year-old Alejandro Hermis was riding his bike early Sunday morning when a light color Dodge Durango SUV struck him from behind. Witnesses said the driver dragged Hermis about 50-feet before stopping twice to dislodge the man from underneath the vehicle.
Once Hermis was free, authorities said the driver sped off.
Hermis died at the scene. Anyone with information about the driver is urged to call Miami-Dade CrimeStoppers at (305) 471-TIPS (8477).
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'