|Published:||Mar 23, 2013 9:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 23, 2013 9:06 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Florida Highway Patrol reports a pedestrian was hit on Interstate 75 Saturday morning after darting back and forth across the southbound lanes. It happened near State Road 93.
According to FHP. 35-year-old Timothy MacDonald of Naples was fleeing the scene of a crash on foot. One witness who stopped said MacDonald tried to open her locked car door. The witness said MacDonald then ran toward a fence and tried to climb it. He was unsuccessful and returned to the road.
FHP reports another driver stopped to help MacDonald out of traffic but he ran back onto the Interstate and was hit by a car.
MacDonald was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. No one as injured in the car that stuck him.
Charges against MacDonald are pending a blood alcohol test.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pod of whales beach themselves along Everglades shore
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Fla. man pleads not guilty in Facebook killing