|Published:||Mar 23, 2013 9:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 23, 2013 9:06 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Florida Highway Patrol reports a pedestrian was hit on Interstate 75 Saturday morning after darting back and forth across the southbound lanes. It happened near State Road 93.
According to FHP. 35-year-old Timothy MacDonald of Naples was fleeing the scene of a crash on foot. One witness who stopped said MacDonald tried to open her locked car door. The witness said MacDonald then ran toward a fence and tried to climb it. He was unsuccessful and returned to the road.
FHP reports another driver stopped to help MacDonald out of traffic but he ran back onto the Interstate and was hit by a car.
MacDonald was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. No one as injured in the car that stuck him.
Charges against MacDonald are pending a blood alcohol test.
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia