|Published:||Mar 22, 2013 11:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 22, 2013 11:58 AM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola man was sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing his girlfriend and burying her behind her home two years ago.
Circuit Judge Joel Boles issued the sentence on Thursday. Last month jurors found 32-year-old Robert Snipe guilty of killing Catherine Lindsey.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/11oeOI3 ) reports the former volunteer firefighter was charged with second-degree murder but the jury convicted him of manslaughter instead.
Snipe was a former volunteer with the Myrtle Grove Fire Department. He had a child with Lindsey.
The newspaper reports the medical examiner couldn't determine Lindsey's cause of death because of decomposition. But neighbors told police they heard a heated argument between Snipe and Lindsey the night she's believed to have died in February 2011.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart