|Published:||Mar 22, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 22, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A janitor at a southwest Miami-Dade County nursing home has died after being stabbed by a visitor to the facility.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/WZcj18 ) reports the man was stabbed in the neck on Thursday afternoon. He died a short time later after being airlifted to a hospital.
Miami-Dade police say the suspect was visiting his brother who is a patient at the nursing home. Investigators say they don't know why the man stabbed the janitor.
Police responded to a call about the stabbing. The suspect had left the nursing home but police found him. They say he was still carrying a knife.
The names of the attacker and the victim haven't been released.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims