|Published:||Mar 22, 2013 11:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 22, 2013 11:57 AM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Police are searching for a man they believe was involved in two armed home invasions in Largo.
Largo police say they were attempting to locate Terry Lamar James Thursday night at a home in Pinellas County. Police set up a perimeter and were attempting to make contact with James, when he ran out the back door.
Police say James briefly made contact with an officer and shots were fired. The officer wasn't injured and police say they don't know whether James was shot.
James is considered armed and dangerous. Largo police are being assisted by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, since the home was in their jurisdiction.
An investigation continues as officer search for the suspect.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store