|Published:||Mar 22, 2013 11:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 22, 2013 11:57 AM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Police are searching for a man they believe was involved in two armed home invasions in Largo.
Largo police say they were attempting to locate Terry Lamar James Thursday night at a home in Pinellas County. Police set up a perimeter and were attempting to make contact with James, when he ran out the back door.
Police say James briefly made contact with an officer and shots were fired. The officer wasn't injured and police say they don't know whether James was shot.
James is considered armed and dangerous. Largo police are being assisted by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, since the home was in their jurisdiction.
An investigation continues as officer search for the suspect.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season