|Published:||Mar 21, 2013 10:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 21, 2013 10:48 AM EDT|
WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a major crash involving two commercial vehicles has closed southbound lanes of Interstate 75 north of Tampa.
Troopers say crash happened about 6:30 a.m. Thursday just north of State Road 56 in Pasco County. It will take crews until at least 6 p.m. to repair damage to the highway. One northbound lane was open Thursday morning.
Troopers say a tractor trailer crashed into a guardrail, causing it to partially jackknive and hit the center median. A dump truck following behind crashed into the truck. The drivers were able to get out of both vehicles, which caught fire.
FHP says the U.S. Postal Service is on the scene to recover mail that was being carried by the truck. Much of the mail was damaged or destroyed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed