|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 1:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 1:31 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's deputy arrested a Port Charlotte Target employee Tuesday after security went back through surveillance video that showed her steal cash from her register 14 times, totaling $2,300. Melissa A. Sayre, 29, of 11798 Van Loon Avenue, was arrested for Grand Theft.
Target security began checking archived surveillance video after Sayre’s cash register came up short starting Feb. 7 and continuing until Mar. 15. Sayre was called to the Target Offices to discuss the shortages; she admitted that she stole the money and was immediately terminated. The deputy arrived and arrested Sayer, who said she took the money out of need to pay her rent and fix her car.
Sayer was transported to the Charlotte County Jail and later released on a $2,500 bond.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- School bus hits bicyclist on Pine Island Rd.