|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 11:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 11:27 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Family and friends are remembering a Naples soldier who was killed in a helicopter crash, while serving overseas, earlier this month.
A fundraiser is underway to carry on the legacy of Staff Sergeant Mark Scialdo.
In honor of his memory and service they have created this fund to help empower children in Southwest Florida to pursue their dreams. Any monies raised will go to support the work of individuals, community programs and educational opportunities that help improve upon the life of a child, teen or young adult, with a preference towards the children of veterans or youth involved in service to their country or community.
Their goal is to bring together Marc's passion for helping children with his love of his country and hometown. They hope that the legacy of Marc's life and his example of service to others will live on through this fund.
So far-- the fund has raised $3,900.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.