|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies say an East Naples woman shot and killed her husband. In court this afternoon, an attorney for Helen Johns asked for a continuance, and the judge agreed to move the first appearance to Friday.
A worried family member from Michigan called authorities in Collier County for help. The recording is 16 minutes long. The caller said Johns was on another phone line threatening to kill herself. He was also concerned about the well being of her husband, Jack.
The caller said Johns was becoming increasingly paranoid in the past few months, and also warned authorities there were a number of guns hidden in the home. When deputies arrived, they found Johns standing at the front door. Deputies say Jack was shot in the chest.
Johns is facing second degree murder charges in her husband's death.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads