|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies say an East Naples woman shot and killed her husband. In court this afternoon, an attorney for Helen Johns asked for a continuance, and the judge agreed to move the first appearance to Friday.
A worried family member from Michigan called authorities in Collier County for help. The recording is 16 minutes long. The caller said Johns was on another phone line threatening to kill herself. He was also concerned about the well being of her husband, Jack.
The caller said Johns was becoming increasingly paranoid in the past few months, and also warned authorities there were a number of guns hidden in the home. When deputies arrived, they found Johns standing at the front door. Deputies say Jack was shot in the chest.
Johns is facing second degree murder charges in her husband's death.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone