|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
EBRO, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says it misidentified the driver of a vehicle involved in a head-on crash that killed two spring breakers from Ohio.
The agency said Wednesday that 21-year-old Courtney Miller of Niles, Ohio, was driving near Ebro Saturday morning when she drifted into opposing traffic. The
The crash also killed 21-year-old Brittney Gallagher of Willoughby, Ohio, who was a front seat passenger. Two passengers in the back seat - Diana Mitchell of Solon, Okla., and Lauren Kane also of Willoughby, were hospitalized in critical condition. They were in the Panhandle for spring break.
FHP says Miller and Gallagher were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck and all the other passengers were taken to the hospital.
Authorities say alcohol wasn't a factor in the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire