|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
EBRO, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says it misidentified the driver of a vehicle involved in a head-on crash that killed two spring breakers from Ohio.
The agency said Wednesday that 21-year-old Courtney Miller of Niles, Ohio, was driving near Ebro Saturday morning when she drifted into opposing traffic. The
The crash also killed 21-year-old Brittney Gallagher of Willoughby, Ohio, who was a front seat passenger. Two passengers in the back seat - Diana Mitchell of Solon, Okla., and Lauren Kane also of Willoughby, were hospitalized in critical condition. They were in the Panhandle for spring break.
FHP says Miller and Gallagher were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck and all the other passengers were taken to the hospital.
Authorities say alcohol wasn't a factor in the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water