|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM EDT|
EBRO, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says it misidentified the driver of a vehicle involved in a head-on crash that killed two spring breakers from Ohio.
The agency said Wednesday that 21-year-old Courtney Miller of Niles, Ohio, was driving near Ebro Saturday morning when she drifted into opposing traffic. The
The crash also killed 21-year-old Brittney Gallagher of Willoughby, Ohio, who was a front seat passenger. Two passengers in the back seat - Diana Mitchell of Solon, Okla., and Lauren Kane also of Willoughby, were hospitalized in critical condition. They were in the Panhandle for spring break.
FHP says Miller and Gallagher were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck and all the other passengers were taken to the hospital.
Authorities say alcohol wasn't a factor in the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Cape Police investigate suspicious package overnight