|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 5:16 PM EDT|
NORTH NAPLES, Fla.- One person is dead after a three-vehicle accident on U.S. 41, just south of Pine Ridge Road. Paramedics transported at least one person by helicopter to a local hospital.
The southbound lanes of U.S. 41 have re-opened, more than two hours after the crash happened.
Officers say 72-year-old James Hogan, the driver of a red Mustang, lost control of his vehicle and ended up in the southbound lanes. He was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital.
Hogan's vehicle struck a 2008 Honda Pilot, driven by 57-year-old Linda Pond Daneau, who was fatally injured.
A 2012 Dodge Charger, driven by Nathan Treadwell, was also involved, but escaped without injury.
Naples Police say the exact cause of the accident has not been determined yet. The investigation continues.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel