|Published:||Mar 20, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 20, 2013 5:16 PM EDT|
NORTH NAPLES, Fla.- One person is dead after a three-vehicle accident on U.S. 41, just south of Pine Ridge Road. Paramedics transported at least one person by helicopter to a local hospital.
The southbound lanes of U.S. 41 have re-opened, more than two hours after the crash happened.
Officers say 72-year-old James Hogan, the driver of a red Mustang, lost control of his vehicle and ended up in the southbound lanes. He was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital.
Hogan's vehicle struck a 2008 Honda Pilot, driven by 57-year-old Linda Pond Daneau, who was fatally injured.
A 2012 Dodge Charger, driven by Nathan Treadwell, was also involved, but escaped without injury.
Naples Police say the exact cause of the accident has not been determined yet. The investigation continues.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks