|Published:||Mar 19, 2013 11:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2013 11:30 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say the student behind a foiled attack plot at a Florida university was working off a checklist that included plans to get drunk, pull a fire alarm and then "give them hell."
University of Central Florida Police Chief Richard Beary says James Oliver Seevakumaran was crossing items off his list the night he planned to attack his classmates.
He was found dead from a self-inflicted wound in his dorm room after the fire alarm was pulled and officers closed in.
The list found along with his body included going to a bar and pulling the fire alarm. Beary says the final item was "give them hell."
Beary says authorities confirmed he went to the bar and drank.
Officials also say that more packages were waiting for Seevakumaran at a campus mailroom that included two more magazines for his rifle.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise