|Published:||Mar 19, 2013 12:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2013 4:59 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers are asking for the public's help in identifying a thief who bought booze, auto parts, groceries and even a few RedBox rental movies with someone else's credit cards.
On March 7, the victim pulled into the Hess gas station at 28070 Bonita Beach Road, to purchase gasoline. She briefly left the passenger side door of her car open while she discarded some trash, and that’s when an unknown male made a quick swipe of a briefcase sitting in the front seat. Inside that briefcase was several credit cards, all of which were used in a very short time frame. The first purchases were made at the Shell gas station, just down the road, and within an hour and a half, the suspect made fraudulent charges at the Bonita Liquor store, where he carted out two armfuls of alcohol, followed up with two trips to Publix, Advanced Auto Parts, a local restaurant, and even a stop by a movie rental machine, where he picked up a few flicks.
The suspect was caught on video at one of the stores, while browsing for alcohol. Surveillance cameras captured images of the suspect, and Crime Stoppers is hoping someone will be able to place a name and location with that face.
Anyone with information on the identity of the man in the attached photos is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD. All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors