|Published:||Mar 19, 2013 11:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2013 11:34 AM EDT|
WEST BAY, Fla. (AP) - A pilot escaped with minor injuries after his small plane crashed near the Northwest Florida International Beaches Airport in the Florida Panhandle.
The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/XZ4nh3 ) reports James Land was the only person on board the plane when it crashed into the woods near West Bay Monday afternoon.
Bay County Sheriff's Office Maj. Tommy Ford says Land was taken to the hospital with cuts to his head. He says deputies responded to a 911 call at 2:15 p.m. and found the wreckage of the aerial advertising plane.
The newspaper reports the plane is owned by Aerial Banners Inc. of Broward County. Officials say the owner will be responsible for removing the wreckage.
The cause of the crash was not known. An investigation continues.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges