|Published:||Mar 19, 2013 11:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2013 11:34 AM EDT|
WEST BAY, Fla. (AP) - A pilot escaped with minor injuries after his small plane crashed near the Northwest Florida International Beaches Airport in the Florida Panhandle.
The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/XZ4nh3 ) reports James Land was the only person on board the plane when it crashed into the woods near West Bay Monday afternoon.
Bay County Sheriff's Office Maj. Tommy Ford says Land was taken to the hospital with cuts to his head. He says deputies responded to a 911 call at 2:15 p.m. and found the wreckage of the aerial advertising plane.
The newspaper reports the plane is owned by Aerial Banners Inc. of Broward County. Officials say the owner will be responsible for removing the wreckage.
The cause of the crash was not known. An investigation continues.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays