|Published:||Mar 19, 2013 11:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2013 11:23 PM EDT|
BONITA BEACH, Fla.- Flames broke out on the seventh floor of the Bonita Beach Club shortly after 7:30 Tuesday night.
The battalion fire chief tells WINK news, owners came home to see smoke, so they shut the door and then pulled the fire alarm. Firefighters quickly put out the fire, but there's still a big safety concern.
Firefighters say, the building is not equipped with sprinklers to fight a fire should another one break out.
Investigators estimate the total damage to be around $30,000.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating