FORT MYRES, Fla.- Boston Red Sox players are raising money for the new Golisano Children's Hospital.
The Boston Red Sox Diamond Dinner at JetBlue Park gave guests the opportunity to have dinner at the park Tuesday night and chat with many of the players.
Their goal is to raise $400,000 with the help of the players, who are very active in the community.
"They do a lot of community service, they support a lot of our local charities. Outside of the children's hospital, they support the Boys and Girls Scouts and other charities in town as well," said Sharon MacDonald with Lee Memorial Health System.
Tom Golisano himself will also match all the funds raised. The new Golisano Children's Hospital is expected tobreak ground this fall.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime