|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 10:17 AM EDT|
COCOA, Fla. (AP) - Cocoa police say a 70-year-old woman was killed and a man who drove a church carpool was attacked when he knocked on her door to pick her up.
Police believe the man may have interrupted the crime around 9 a.m. Sunday in Cocoa. He was taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/YlGNFB ) reports the suspect may be driving the woman's dark green Ford Fusion. Some of her belongings were found Sunday afternoon along a roadside in Port St. John. Police are treating that location as a crime scene.
Police say an autopsy is scheduled for Monday. They have not released the names of the woman or the man who was injured.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend