|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 3:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 6:18 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Residents were evacuated from The Palms Condominiums, on the 4200 block of Bay Beach Ln., after smoke filled up a unit on the fourth floor.
The Fort Myers Beach Fire Marshal ruled the cause as "undetermined mechanical failure in the dryer."
People in the building were evacuated for about two hours.
The woman inside the home at the time the fire broke out was able to make it out, however, her dog did not make it out alive.
We are told the unit is not a total loss, about half of the condo was damaged by the smoke.
Fire services were dispatched to clean and mop of the mess left by the fire.
A couple of people were treated for smoke inhalation, including the woman that was inside of the home.
Residents have been allowed back into the building.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static