|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 3:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 6:18 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Residents were evacuated from The Palms Condominiums, on the 4200 block of Bay Beach Ln., after smoke filled up a unit on the fourth floor.
The Fort Myers Beach Fire Marshal ruled the cause as "undetermined mechanical failure in the dryer."
People in the building were evacuated for about two hours.
The woman inside the home at the time the fire broke out was able to make it out, however, her dog did not make it out alive.
We are told the unit is not a total loss, about half of the condo was damaged by the smoke.
Fire services were dispatched to clean and mop of the mess left by the fire.
A couple of people were treated for smoke inhalation, including the woman that was inside of the home.
Residents have been allowed back into the building.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday