|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 12:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 12:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County man faces life behind bars for murdering an Estero grandmother. Over the weekend, 26-year-old Shane Simpkins was found guilty of murdering Mary Ann Zarb in 2011.
It took the jury less than two hours to come back with a verdict. The judge threw out a kidnapping charge against Simpkins, who will be sentenced next month.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting