|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 12:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 12:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County man faces life behind bars for murdering an Estero grandmother. Over the weekend, 26-year-old Shane Simpkins was found guilty of murdering Mary Ann Zarb in 2011.
It took the jury less than two hours to come back with a verdict. The judge threw out a kidnapping charge against Simpkins, who will be sentenced next month.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home