|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 10:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 19, 2013 12:36 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY-Fla.-"We have gotten notifications from Airtran to be here at least a minimum of two hours early because of increased traffic and congestion and neither time there has been any issue."
No issue Monday night either for Steve White.
"Looks like it is going to be five to ten minutes to get through here so don't want to miss the flight but don't want to stand here for two hours if it isn't necessary either," he said.
Still airport officials insist arriving two hours early this time of year is necessary.
During February more than 827-thousand passengers travelled through RSW.
That's up 5.8% compared to February of 2012
Last month the top three carriers were Delta, Airtran and Southwest.
RSW served more than 7-million passengers last year.
And when it comes to passenger traffic, it is rated in the top 50 of US airports.
Airport officials said they are equipped to handle the increased traffic.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide