FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida woman says her pilot husband isn't to blame for a fiery plane crash that killed him and two passengers.
Steve Waller of Deerfield Beach was flying the twin-engine Piper Cheyenne propeller plane that crashed Friday into a parking lot shortly after take-off from Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.
The crash also killed Wallis Watson of Boca Raton and Kevin Watson of Pompano Beach.
Kim Waller tells WFLX-TV (http://bit.ly/WtS36z ) that her husband and the Watsons were friends. She says the three men were checking the plane's avionics.
Waller says her husband was a safe, experienced pilot who wasn't to blame for the crash. She says she blames the plane's owners and whoever worked on the aircraft.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the crash.
Information from: WFLX-TV, http://www.wflxfox29.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Locked mystery safe found in Charlotte Harbor area
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- CCSO arrests 3, seizes 122 marijuana plants in bust
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- Turks & Caicos officials drop charges against 2 US tourists
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- State regulators suspend Lee County doctor's license
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve