|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 10:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 10:18 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a bicyclist has died after being shot while riding in Daytona Beach.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/ZlPJx2 ) reports 30-year-old Joseph Ruffing died Sunday, hours after being shot.
Police say Ruffing was about a block from his apartment when he was shot. A witness told officers he heard a single gunshot around 5:30 a.m. Sunday. He then saw a man face down on the ground.
Investigators are trying to find out whether Ruffing knew his assailant. They say it appears he was shot while riding the bike and either fell or jumped off. His body was found about 30 feet from the bicycle.
Ruffing worked at Olive Garden and his mother told the newspaper he rode his bike everywhere.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration