|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 12:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 1:46 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the death of a 27-year-old man from New York, who was found unresponsive after a night of drinking with friends in Fort Myers.
Officers responded to a home on the 8100 block of Lake San Carlos Cir., just after 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, and met with two friends of the victim, identified as Johnny Byrd.
The men told deputies Byrd flew in from New York to spend time with them. The trio allegedly went drinking at Cadillac Jack's and Uptown Larry's the night before, and arrived home at 2:00 a.m. That's when the friends said Byrd began throwing up, but was coherent and able to communicate. The two men woke up the next morning to find Byrd lying in the living room, unresponsive.
The investigation continues.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim