LEE COUNTY, FL - Amanda Arruda says her ex-boyfriend Vincent Deluca pointed a gun at her during a fight in April of 2012. Arruda says she feared for her life and attempted to defend herself with a kitchen knife. She stabbed Deluca twice after he tackled her. Then he called 9-1-1 and Arruda was arrested. She says she tried to tell investigators that she was defending herself, but to no avail. She was cuffed and taken to the hospital and then to jail. Because her family could not afford to pay her 75 thousand dollar bond, they tried to raise money for her to pay a bondsman, forcing Arruda to spend a month behind bars. But in the last week, a judge ruled that Arruda should have never been arrested in the first place. Now, Arruda and her attorney are planning to file a motion to try and recoup her legal fees. She is also filing an injunction for protection against Deluca.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.