|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 6:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 6:26 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- An 84-year-old man is in serious condition after a vehicle crash on Elmira Blvd. at Loveland Blvd. Monday afternoon. Florida Highway Patrol said Blaine Herteg was transported to Blake Trauma Center after 83-year-old Mildred Kearney drove into his path.
Kearney was uninjured.
FHP said Kearney proceeded from the stop sign without noticing Herteg, and crossed into his path.
Kearney collided into the rear left side of Herteg's vehicle, sending him onto the east shoulder. As the vehicle was rotating, its rear tires furrowed into the soft
ground, causing it to overturn across Loveland Blvd.
Kearney was cited for failing to yield the right of way.
(Photo courtesy Tim Whalen)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft