|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 6:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 6:26 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- An 84-year-old man is in serious condition after a vehicle crash on Elmira Blvd. at Loveland Blvd. Monday afternoon. Florida Highway Patrol said Blaine Herteg was transported to Blake Trauma Center after 83-year-old Mildred Kearney drove into his path.
Kearney was uninjured.
FHP said Kearney proceeded from the stop sign without noticing Herteg, and crossed into his path.
Kearney collided into the rear left side of Herteg's vehicle, sending him onto the east shoulder. As the vehicle was rotating, its rear tires furrowed into the soft
ground, causing it to overturn across Loveland Blvd.
Kearney was cited for failing to yield the right of way.
(Photo courtesy Tim Whalen)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing