|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 6:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 7:01 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- As the FGCU men's basketball team prepares to take on Georgetown in the NCAA Tournament Friday, stores are preparing for the flock of Eagles fans buying up blue and green merchandise.
Tournament T-shirts recently hit the campus bookstore, and merchandise is flying off the shelves at J.P. Sports in Gulfcoast Town Center.
Employees tell WINK News they're looking for a shipment in the next 48 hours after their T-shirt stock was virtually wiped out this weekend.
They've been flooding every since the bracket came out. Georgetown a great school, so we'll see. It's just going to increase by the time friday comes around," floor leader Jonathan Powell said.
The cheerleading team and basketball band will also travel to Philadelphia on Wednesday.
For fans looking to make the trip, tickets are $85 and go on sale Tuesday at 12:00 P.M.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns