|Published:||Mar 18, 2013 12:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 18, 2013 12:59 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- It will be Friday before we find out how recent federal budget cuts will impact our local airports. Air traffic controller jobs at Page Field, Naples and Punta Gorda airports are all at stake.
The Lee Port Authority is arguing to Congress that Page Field creates jobs and brings nearly $100,000 million to the area.
The Naples airport is considering hiring a private company to provide air controllers if the FAA pulls controllers out of the towers.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft