|Published:||Mar 17, 2013 9:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 17, 2013 9:29 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Carnival cruise ship that experienced technical issues with its propulsion system and canceled one stop has arrived as scheduled in Tampa.
The Carnival Legend reduced its speed because of the problem and did not stop at the Grand Cayman Islands. Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen says Legend arrived about 7 a.m. Sunday in Tampa, and passengers were off the ship by the normal debarkation time of 10:30 a.m.
Carnival stresses in a statement that the Legend's safety systems, steering and services onboard are functioning normally.
Gulliksen says Legend should depart on time Sunday afternoon for its next trip, at a slightly reduced speed and with one itinerary change. He says the ship will stop in Costa Maya, Mexico, instead of Grand Cayman because it is a closer port.
- Deputies arrest youth football coach on drug charges
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Burglary suspect caught on camera using stolen cards
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500